‘I Kind of Just Froze Crying’: Vet Sleeps in Kennel to Comfort Dog Burned in Fire

A veterinarian in Georgia was moved to tears when a dog was brought in after being severely burned in a house fire.

A Shiba Inu dog named Taka was trapped inside a screened-in porch area when the house caught fire. The owners tried to save the dog but had to flee without him, reported The Dodo.

Fortunately, the 8-year-old dog somehow managed to escape, and a neighbor took the severely burned pet to the Care More Animal Hospital in Martinez, Georgia.

Sweet baby Taka says Good Afternoon!!! He is doing fairly well today. Pain still seems to be playing a big part. So…

Posted by Care More Animal Hospital on Monday, October 29, 2018

“He had burns around his eyes, his mouth, his ears, his belly,” Emily Martin, a vet at the hospital, told The Dodo. “We really didn’t know how severe his injuries were initially, just because we had to worry about inhalation burns.”

Martin told WRDW that when Taka first arrived, she and the hospital staff broke down in tears.

“I have not seen something to this degree happen before,” she told WRDW. “It’s so severe it was the most helpless feeling ever. I didn’t know where to start so I kind of just froze crying until I could gather my thoughts.”

I try to remind myself that God has a plan for everything, even if we don’t understand. Although I don’t understand why…

Posted by Emily Garnto Martin on Monday, October 29, 2018

CLICK NEXT TO LEARN MORE

Add Comment